STRATHISLA DISTILLERY 2017 - THE HOME OF CHIVAS REGAL
THE OLDEST WORKING DISTILLERY IN THE HIGHLANDS OF SCOTLAND
At Strathisla Distillery feel closer to the true spirit of our rich, smooth, Chivas Regal blends and the classic Speyside malt at their heart.
As a whisky enthusiast, or a newcomer, your Strathisla tour will be a sensory experience, both memorable and informative – created in a beautiful riverside distillery now in its 231st year.
Spend an hour – more if you choose to – in expert, yet informal company, discovering the ancient craft of distilling spirits, and the rare skills needed for blending them. See and hear how prestigious whiskies are created from simple, natural ingredients. Inhale the distinctive aromas released during production and share the many subtleties of each one as you ‘nose’ and then taste them to complete your tour.
Strathisla Distillery will close on 10 November 2017 for extensive refurbishment. We hope to re-open to visitors by early to mid-April 2018. Please contact Strathisla.Admin@pernod-ricard.com for further details.
OUR TOURS & TASTINGS
Over 18's only on tours please.
Traditional Distillery Tour
The perfect tour for an introduction to whisky making where your guide will take you into the production areas, explain the distillation process from start to finish and then show you racks of filled whisky casks quietly aging in the cool tranquility of the traditional bonded warehouse.
You are invited to join a tutored tasting of four whiskies and learn about the intricate relationship between our single malt and our world-famous Chivas Regal blends.
- Tours depart every hour from 10:00 (Mon-Sat) and from 12:00 (Sun). Last tour leaves daily at 16:00.
- Pre-booking & pre-payment essential for groups of 10 or more
- £7.50 per person; over 18's only (maximum 16 people)
- Lasts 1 hour
- Under 18s are not permitted in production areas but are welcome in the Visitor Centre under adult supervision.
The Chivas Cellar Tasting
- This exclusive tasting offers you the opportunity to enjoy drams drawn straight from the casks in front of you inside the Chivas Regal Cellar within Warehouse 3 at Strathisla Distillery. All the drams are at natural cask strength and they include a Bourbon barrel of Chivas Regal 12 years old, a hogshead of Chivas Regal 18 years old, a sherry butt of Chivas Regal 25 years old and another single sherry butt containing Strathisla 25 years old. Your tasting will be led by an experienced guide and promises to be an unforgettable experience and will provide an insight into the complexities of the blending of luxury whisky.
- Monday to Saturday at 11:00 (pre-booking & pre-payment essential)
- Additional tasting times are available on request, minimum 4 people
- Lasts 1 hour
- £35.00 per person; over 18's only (maximum 10 people)
- This tasting does not include a distillery tour.
Straight from the Cask (Connoisseur Tour)
Uncover some of the Scotch Whisky World’s hidden gems as we invite you to spend an afternoon sampling and falling in love with six exceptional Limited Edition Cask Strength Single Malts, exclusively selected from the Chivas Brothers’ Portfolio. This, coupled with an in-depth look through our beautiful distillery with one of our most experienced guides, will truly make this an afternoon to remember.
- Sundays 12:30 (pre-booking & pre-payment essential)
- Additional tour times are available on request, minimum 4 people
- Lasts 2.5-3 hours
- £40.00 per person; over 18s only (maximum 12 people)
Coach and Group Bookings
We are delighted to welcome coach and group bookings to the distillery and are experienced in giving your group a fun, informative and well-organised experience. We have something for everyone: historical appeal, scientific interest (chemistry behind distillation) as well as the sensory aspect of nosing and tasting a huge variety of malts and blends.
Our distillery size means that we can only…
- Accommodate one coach party per day on the Traditional tour only and take a maximum 32 people per booking. We take 16 guests out per tour: larger groups are split and taken out within 5 minutes of each other.
- Pre-booking & pre-payment essential
- Please confirm all coach and group bookings in writing. We will always do our best to accommodate late arrivals but cannot guarantee this for every situation.
All pre-paid fees are fully refundable up to 48 hours prior to the booked time.
We cannot guarantee tours in languages other than English but we have translation sheets available in French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Russian, Mandarin and Japanese.
Our strict Health & Safety Regulations must be respected at all times. These include no photography in the distillery and warehouse and smoking only in restricted areas.